In the Chacao Bridge, the construction process of the piles carried out by Trevi Chile Spa, was adapted according to the soil/rock conditions of the site and the extreme working conditions of the Chacao Channel.
- Initial phase of Ø3,000mm temporary casing installation
- Pre-drilling using a Ø2,750mm auger
- Permanent casing installation and driving to the final position
- Removal of the Ø3,000mm temporary casing
- Drilling down to design elevation with Ø2.500mm permanent casing
- Installation of reinforced steel rebar cages
- Concrete casting on pile